POOP 911 Residential Service
Current Residential Service Promotions
- Weekly service from only $9.95
- 1 FREE service when you refer a friend in your neighborhood
News about Poop 911 Dog Poop Cleanup Service
News about how, where and why we scoop dog poop!
October 12th, 2010 - Tulsa Man Puts Medical School On Hold To Become Poop Guy
- TULSA, Oklahoma -- Everyone who knew Jon Wood growing up was sure he would become a doctor. He graduated from the University of Tulsa with all the prerequisites for med school including a degree in biology. So, what did he do? He started his own business. In Tulsa, Jon Wood is Poop 911.
Wood started his business a couple of years ago while he was still at the University of Tulsa. "I got my degree in biology with a minor in chemistry," he said. "I have all the prerequisites to go to med school." But the entrepreneurial bug bit him. Now, the kids in his neighborhood call him the poop guy.
"Yesterday I got a call asking if I'd do their horses and goats," Wood said.No, Wood just sticks to dogs. There may be those who think why bother, it's just fertilizer. Oh, but it's not, he says. "If left unpicked up it will cause brown spots in your grass because it is burning your grass," Wood said. "It's very acidic." That's because of the dog's high protein diet.
Ben Franklin said once "two things in life are certain, death and taxes." Jon Wood has found another.So for now business is good. He'll think about being a doctor someday, but for now he's happy being the poop guy.
March 22nd, 2010 - Backlog of backyard dog poo means tidy profit for local entrepreneurs
- If you're a dog owner, there can be one unpleasant consequence of the arrival of warmer weather: a three-month backlog of dog turds revealed by the melting of backyard snow.
That's why at this time of year, business for those in pet waste cleanup is picking up.
January 31st, 2009 - POOP 911 Pooper Scoopers Take the Dog Poop Out of Las Vegas
- Ben and his wife Krystal are the newest franchise owners of POOP 911 dog poop cleanup service. They are the 14th franchise of POOP 911's rapid expansion across the US. After more than 10 years working in the Las Vegas restaurant industry Ben is no stranger to giving great customer service. Dog owners expect great customer service when it comes to picking up where their favorite four legged friend left off and Ben, the owner of POOP 911 Las Vegas, is here to doo just that.....
December 5th, 2009 - Dog Poop Cleanup in Tulsa Just Got Easier with POOP 911 Pooper Scoopers
- POOP 911 pooper scoopers are now servicing the greater Tulsa Oklahoma area. Our professionally trained fecal matter technicians will make your yard clean and green! Jon Wood, Tulsa POOP 911's newest franchise owner is no stranger to this business. He's been working on servicing customer's yards for the past 1.5 years paying attention to his number one job, delivering great customer service to all his customers....
October 11th, 2009 - POOP 911 Houston Dog Cleanup Service Takes Care of Dog Owners Dirty Work
- If the idea of scooping poop for a living doesn't just make you buckle over and laugh POOP 911 doesn't know what will. Scott Lowe the newest franchise owner servicing the northern Houston, Texas area loves his new business venture with POOP 911. Scott is not only POOP 911's newest franchise owner but also is POOP 911's National Operations Manager. Scott said "after being an employee with POOP 911 for more than 2 years he wanted to start building his own territory for the future. The systems and service that POOP 911 provides...
August 20th, 2009 - POOP 911 Pet Waste Removal Service Scoops Up Reno, NV
- After 5 years as a stage hand for concerts and various trade shows, Lindsay decided on a career change. Never having owned his own business, he explored the notion of pet waste removal and researched franchising opportunities. Says Lindsay "POOP 911 not only offers the resources for marketing and advertising, they also provide the BARCS system. BARCS provides communication tracking with customers at an account level...
August 5th, 2009 - POOP 911 Pet Waste Removal Service Now Cleaning Up Chicago, IL
- Bryan explored the opportunity of starting his own pet waste business after his family used a similar service during his childhood. After talking with other businesses, he decided to go with POOP 911. "I was always intrigued with the business of dog poop scooping and had been using the service myself." Bryan continues, "I felt POOP 911 was the most reasonably priced franchise and it seemed like a perfect fit for me."...
January 8th, 2009 - Austin POOP 911 Expands Territories to San Marcos, New Braunfels and San Antonio
- Austinites have seen the immediate need for a pet waste management service as fees for abandoned dog poop has increased over the last 6 months. Bodle adds, "This momentum will resonate to the newly acquired territories just south of Austin."...
- After starting Hound Mounds POOP 911 in Denver a year and a half ago, Long quickly realized the potential for growth. Long says, "I was making money within the first couple of weeks in Denver. Colorado Springs will grow just as fast if not faster." He also mentions that he would like to open a new Hound Mounds franchise every spring for the next 5 years and he is determined to make Hound Mounds a household name in Colorado.
December 30, 2008 - Hound Mounds POOP 911 Expands Franchise Territories To Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota
- Prior to starting Hound Mounds, Griffin was a pilot for Mesa Airlines for 12 years. Raised just outside of Minneapolis, his desire to get back into his community and start a business that would benefit the people of Minneapolis-St. Paul led him to Hound Mounds. "It's a service people don't know about, but can benefit from and Hound Mounds makes sense because franchisees get much more for their money than comparable businesses."
APRIL 10, 2008 - Hound Mounds POOP 911 Service in Denver Cleans Up Dog Poop
- If the idea of scooping poop for a living doesn't just make you buckle over and laugh Hound Mounds doesn't know what will. Jory Long, Hound Mounds newest franchise owner servicing the Denver, Colorado metro area, loves his new business venture with Hound Mounds. In speaking with him he said "the very first day I went out to the store with my daughter in my Hound Mounds truck and shirt, a lady stopped me in the parking lot and begged me to clean her yard that day! I said just call 1-877-POOP-911 to schedule service and we'll get you taken care of"
- Hound Mounds founder/owner has more than 10 years experience working as a consultant for 3 of the top 4 consulting firms in the world. He has an IT business consulting and programming background in Management Information Systems from the Business School at the University of Texas at Austin. He has also worked on projects for more than 2 dozen Fortune 500 companies implementing management operational and reporting systems and processes in each.
September 10, 2007 - Some Like it woof
- Prepare for life's (and Rover's) little messes with a call to Hound Mounds (877-POOP-911). The poop scoop and disposal service removes pet waste from your yard so it can be full of fresh-smelling grass once again. And not so full of, well, it.
September 7, 2007- Hounds Mounds Pooper Scoopers get the "poop outta your lives" By Chad Jones
- Hounds Mounds is a "pet waste cleanup and disposal service" out of Texas and Oklahoma who will proudly "SCOOP YOUR POOP!"
Aside from offering a slew of fecal euphemisms—poopie piles, dog logs, land mines, or hounds mounds—their website also sells T-shirts in two colors.
"Give us a call to schedule an appointment, or flag down one of our trucks to come get the poop outta your lives and into our disposal truck." These are professionals, ladies and gentlemen.
July 17, 2006- Pet Waste Causes Health Concern
- FORT WORTH, Texas -- Pet waste is a health hazard that washes into local rivers and lakes, but the problem is easy to fix.According to the North Texas Council of Governments, area dogs leave behind 450 tons of waste every day.And many pet owners don't clean it up.
Dog droppings are more than a nasty nuisance -- they are a health hazard. Rainwater washes pet waste into storm drains."Pet waste contains bacteria, viruses and parasites. And these pathogens can cause diseases," said Sophia Harvey of Dallas Public Works. The untreated waste then washes into rivers and lakes. The Texas Commission On Environmental quality studied the problem at Town Lake in Austin and found that dogs left A half-million pounds of waste in the watershed annually. Harvey said the majority of potentially harmful fecal coli-form bacteria in local waterways is from pet waste.
Unlike so many environmental issues, fixing the pet waste problem is easy. Pet owners should collect waste in plastic bags. For those who are too busy or squeamish, some businesses are dedicated to picking up waste."We dispose of it in plastic bags," said Geoffrey Bodle of Hound Mounds said. "We go out to the landfill in Lewisville." Even though pet waste washes into reservoirs, there is no problem with drinking water. It is treated and completely safe.